The last two years have been tough for most. After dealing with a pandemic, social and economic issues, most have been through more than they expected, but they haven’t faired as well for some. As we head into the holiday season, many will need some assistance, namely some extra food.
Food banks have become an essential part of our society nowadays, and while that is a sad reflection on the state of the world, the good part is that there are excellent resources like The Mississauga Food Bank.
For those not aware, the Mississauga Food Banks Mission: Relieves hunger in Mississauga by providing and promoting access to healthy and appropriate food. This holiday season, they need our help.
Come together with your loved ones and give back in a safe, easy and meaningful way to support the Mississauga Food Bank Holiday Food Drive December 1-12th.
How does it work?
- Download their 12 Days of Giving calendar and shopping list.
- Each day between December 1 – 12, add one of the most needed food or household items to a box.
- Deliver your donation box to The Mississauga Food Bank on Saturday, December 18, between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. at the Holiday Contactless Drive-Thru Food Drive.
Decorate your donation box to spread holiday cheer and drop it off at our Contactless Drive-Thru event for more festive fun.
12 Days of Giving shopping list:
- Cooking oil 7. Baby food
- Peanut butter 8. Juice
- Pasta sauce 9. Rice
- Canned fruit 10. Healthy cereal
- Canned vegetables 11. Canned tuna
- Soup/stew 12. Dried beans
Who does the 12 Days of Giving benefit?
By participating in the 12 Days of Giving, you will ensure that everyone in Mississauga has healthy and appropriate food to share around their holiday table.
In the last year, almost 26,000 hungry neighbours visited a food bank – nearly 7,000 for the first time.
By joining in the fight against hunger, you will give a neighbour peace of mind and hope for the future.
Ready to join us? Just follow these simple steps:
- Every day from December 1 to 12th, you’ll get a daily email revealing the Gift of the Day.
- Gather each Gift of the Day. By day 12, you’ll have a box chock-full of much-needed nutritious food that will make a huge difference for a hungry neighbour!
- Get your family and friends involved, or challenge your coworkers to join in the fun! Share your experience on social media. (#12DaysofGiving)
- On December 18, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., grab your box and join your fellow caring neighbours at the special contactless drive-thru event at The Mississauga Food Bank!
For more info, to donate, or to join the 12 Days of Giving! – The Mississauga Food Bank click here.