If there was ever a time to break out “the good stuff” it’s during the holidays – especially after the rollercoaster of a year we’ve had.
For the whisky loving set, this may mean cracking open a bottle of Glenfiddich.
While the award-winning single malt Scotch whisky is often enjoyed on its own (neat or on the rocks), it also makes a great base for cocktails. Mix one up to entertain the members of your bubble (depending on the restrictions in your home area) or sip on yourself and share a virtual toast with loved ones this Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
If you’re in the market for whisky cocktail inspiration, check out these options from Glenfiddich:
Glenfiddich Scotch Spice
- 1 ½ oz Glenfiddich 12-Year-Old
- ¾ oz Cinnamon syrup
- ½ oz Lemon juice
- 2 Dashes bitters
- Combine ingredients in a shaker full of ice and shake for 15-20 seconds
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with cinnamon stick
Glenfiddich Bourbon Barrel Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Glenfiddich 14-Year-Old
- 1 Sugar cube
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Orange peel
- Splash the bitters over the sugar cube, add whisky and stir
- Add ice cube and garnish with the orange peel
Glenfiddich Cranberry Sour
- 1 ½ oz Glenfiddich 15-Year-Old
- 3 oz Cranberry Juice
- ¾ oz Lemon juice
- Pinch of sugar
- Combine ingredients in a shaker full of ice and shake for 30 seconds
- Strain over large ice cube
- Garnish with rosemary
*all photos from William Grant & Sons
Share your cocktail creations with us on Instagram and as always, please enjoy spirits like Glenfiddich responsibly. Have a safe and happy holiday season!