I remember growing up, going to bed with such excitement, wondering what the day would bring, the food, the family, the presents Santa would bring, and thinking back, it still brings me joy even to this day.
That’s the power of the holidays.
Now that doesn’t mean breaking the bank or buying endless presents, but a beautiful day, spent with family and a great gift, now that’s what makes for lasting memories as a child. I remember asking for LEGO the most, followed by a Gameboy (such nostalgia), but I also took much joy in playing with my brothers’ wrestling sets and my sister’s barbies. Even as a child, I saw every toy as another opportunity to play and have fun, and that’s how it should be.
While many children and I have a very active imagination, great toys make for great presents to unwrap under the tree, and Walmart has so many choices, you’re bound to find exactly what your little ones want. I must admit, I had some fun combing through the seemingly endless offering of toys, but I wanted to showcase a few that I thought stood out.
What are the top toys of 2021? Well, since I didn’t know, I went to the toy experts at Walmart to find out firsthand.
From PAW Patrol to the VTech Get Ready for School Learning Desk, there are so many great choices that I had to familiarize myself with, and some new takes on some old favourites that needed no introduction, like Hot Wheels and LEGO.
Top Toys of 2021 include:
- Imaginext DC Super Friends Bat-Tech BatBot
- PAW Patrol, Chase 2-in-1 Transforming Movie City Cruiser
- VTech KidiZoom PrintCam
- LEGO Super Mario Adventures with Luigi Starter Course
- LetsGlow Studio
- Jurassic World Stomp’ N Escape Tyrannosaurus Rex
- VTech Get Ready for School Learning Desk
- Baby Alive Lulu Achoo Doll
- LOL Surprise OMG Movie Magic Spirit Queen
- Rainbow High Karma Nichols – Neon Green Fashion Doll with 2 Complete Mix & Match Outfits
- Hot Wheels Massive Loop Mayhem Track Set
What are some must-have toys for the holiday season that are only available at Walmart? The following are only available at Walmart Canada (for all the parents out there) while supplies last through the Holiday Season.
Must-Have Toys exclusive to Walmart include:
- Barbie Doll and Pink Convertible
- My Life As Poseable Hairstylist 18″ Doll
- VTech KidiZoom Creator Cam
- Little Tikes Cape Cottage Playhouse
- VTech Hover Pup
- Got2Glow Fairy Finder Jar- Rainbow
- Family Feud Canada Edition Party Quiz Board Game
Now, since I had to look into the throwback toys, here are a few that stood out, including an Easy-Bake over, which I remember, my sister and I begged my mother for so we could start our very own restaurant in the attic, oh memories.
Must-Have Retro Toys include:
- Polly Pocket Spin’ n Surprise Compact Playset
- Hungry Hungry Hippos Launchers Game for Kids Ages 4 and Up
- Lite-Brite Magic Screen Retro Style Toy
- Easy-Bake Ultimate Oven Baking Star Edition
- Deluxe Wood Jumanji Classic Retro ’90s Game
- Care Bears 14″ Plush – Grumpy Bear
I wanted to share some toys with you if you’re looking and need to keep your shopping to a budget, so I’ve listed some toys for under twenty dollars and a few for under fifty to give you some great choices for less this holiday season.
Toys under $20 include:
- Kinetic Sand Sandisfactory Set
- Play-Doh Kitchen Creations Rising Cake Oven Bakery
- LEGO Marvel Black Panther Dragon Flyer 76186 Toy Building Kit
- Mini Brands Mini Market Dash Food Game
- Minecraft Fusion Figure Hex
- Mega Construx Barbie Malibu House Toy Building Set
Toys under $50 include:
- Barbie Extra Doll & Accessories Set with Mix & Match Pieces for 30+ Looks
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn 3-in-1 On-the-Go Camper
- Present Pets, Princess Puppy Interactive Plush Toy
- Fisher-Price B.B. Hoopster Motorized Electronic Basketball Toy
- Pokemon Squirtle Evolution Set
So, before I now go off and play with some toys, I wanted to touch on two things before I go—first, Walmarts commitment to give back with their Spark a Miracle campaign.
The third annual Spark a Miracle campaign was launched in November to support Canadian children’s hospitals. For every Walmart Bear purchased between November 1 and December 31, 2021, Walmart Canada will donate $2 to Children’s Miracle Network®, up to a maximum of $200,000.
Customers can also give back throughout the season by donating at checkout or online at Walmart.ca.
We think that’s pretty great, and you know what else we believe to be pretty remarkable? Walmart Canada has gifted us a $500 gift card to give to one lucky reader/follower to make a miracle this holiday season.
Enter to win on Instagram:
View this post on Instagram
Enter to win everywhere else: