If you’re looking for a pair of glasses, there are many factors that you must consider. After all, you want to be sure that the glasses you choose are comfortable and that they look stylish too. With that in mind, we are going to take a look at some of the different factors you should think about while shopping for new specs.
Photo by Atul Choudhary
- Choose frames for your glasses based on your skin tone – When you want to find men’s glasses online, you will have plenty of different options to select from. One element that you have to give plenty of consideration to is the colour of the frames. You should stay away from frames in pastel colours if your skin tone is warm. Instead, look for frames that are in a light colour instead. For those with cooler complexion, silver, blue, grey, and black are great options.
- Select frames that fit your nose – Since you’re going to be wearing your glasses regularly, you want to ensure that they are going to fit comfortably. Stay away from glasses that slip down your nose all of the time. You should also refrain from glasses that cause your eyelashes to touch the lenses. The same goes for those that leave red marks on your nose. You can tell whether your glasses fit you properly by shaking your head. If the frames move while you shake your head, this means that they are too big.
- Choose frames that centre your eyes – If your eyes look like they are too close to the inner corner of the frames, you may look a little off to others. Your glasses can also look too small if your eyes appear too far toward the outer corners of the frames. You should stay away from frames that are too wide if you have eyes that are narrowly set.
- Look at photos of people wearing the glasses – If you are purchasing a pair of glasses online, it is always a good idea to take a look at photographs of people wearing the glasses should there be any available. This will help you to get an idea of what the glasses look like, and what frames fit with what face type and shape. There are online retailers who allow you to try on glasses virtually, so you can actually get an even better idea of what they’d look like on you.
- Select frames that contrast the shape of your face – The final tip when you are looking for glasses is to choose a pair that will contrast with the shape of your face. For instance, if you have a square or angular face shape, it is advisable to go for rounded frames. On the flip side, a pair of rectangular frames are ideal if you have a round face.
There are a lot of different factors to consider when looking for glasses. A lot of people don’t give much thought to their choice of glasses, but your selection can make a massive difference to your comfort and confidence levels, after all, this is a long term commitment, so chose wisely.