We all love to have a good laugh, and since they say that laughter keeps you young, we here at Addicted are all about a good chuckle! When we heard the Travelocity.ca had named the 5 funniest cites in the world we just had to share it with you. If you are looking to have a great time and travel to a city where you can laugh your socks off, then Addicted and Travelocity.ca have you covered.
Check out the Top 5 destinations below along with some key comedy venues in those cities!
Montreal has hosted “Just For Laughs”, the largest international comedy festival in the world, since 1983.
1. The Montreal Comedy Nest – 2313 Rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest
2. ComedyWorks Montreal – 1238 Rue Bishop
London, United Kingdom
Known for its incredible wealth of comedy clubs, London is a great place to watch the funniest stand-up comedian from around the world.
1. Comedy Store – 1a Oxendon Street, London
2. Soho Theatre – 21 Dean Street, London
Chicago, United States
Chicago is the original home of The Second City, the first on-going improvisational theater troupe in the United States. In addition, Chicago hosts several festivals dedicated to laughter, including the Chicago Comedy Film Festival.
1. The Comedy Bar – 157 W. Ontario St., Chicago
2. The Second City – 1616 N Wells St., Chicago
New York, United States
Some of the world’s most successful comedians hail from New York City – Jerry Seinfeld, Howard Stern, Sid Caesar, Rodney Dangerfield, Billy Crystal, Joan Rivers, to name a few.
1. Gotham Comedy Club – 208 West 23rd St., New York
2. Caroline’s – 1626 Broadway, New York
Los Angeles, United States
No list of funny cities is complete without including Los Angeles, and many of the world’s biggest comedians were expected to pay their dues on the L.A. comedy club circuit.
1. The Comedy Store – 8433 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles
2. The Improv – 8162 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles