Searching for the ideal golf clubs is easier said than done due to the unbelievable quantity of available options.
We have selected our best performer in each category, from driver to putter. You’ll notice that these options offer a combination of forgiveness, accuracy, and consistency to get you from tee to green.
So hop in your golf cart or grab your bag, and let’s go through the details of the best golf clubs to add to your bag this year.
Image by Alejandro Cuadro
Callaway Rogue ST Max – Best Driver
- Generates rapid ball speed
- Encourages a high launch
- Produces low spin
- Adjustable hosel
- Encourages straighter results
- Expensive for the average golfer
- The semi-draw bias limits workability, which deters superior golfers
The Rogue ST Max earns our pick for the top-rated driver in 2022 thanks to its distance, low spin, and semi-draw bias flight. You’ll find that it provides sufficient slice fighting power and a high launch thanks to its high moment of inertia (MOI) clubface.
We felt that the customary Jailbreak Speed Frame was effective enough to stabilise the clubface to deliver consistent velocity on all strikes. The A.I. supports the Speed Frame designed flash face, which lowers spin and generates a high, long drive.
PXG 0211 – Best Fairway Woods
- Incredibly affordable
- Eradicates vibrations on off-centre hits
- Launches your ball high
- Prompts straight flight
- Superb forgiveness
- The adjustable weights are not included in the sale
- The stock grip provides minimal traction in wet conditions
The youngest brand on this list shows why they deserve a place at the table of legacy brands. The PXG 0211 produces phenomenal forgiveness, crisp turf interaction, and a soft feel across the clubface.
In addition, its Railed Sole Geometry places weight low in the clubhead to produce a high ball flight. Furthermore, you’ll enjoy rapid ball pace, mid-spin, and elevated MOI for consistent distance and accuracy.
TaylorMade SIM 2 Max – Best Hybrids
- Launches the ball consistently high
- Minimal turf interaction
- Encourages straighter shots
- Produces rapid speed across an expanded area of the clubface
- Superior forgiveness
- Moderately expensive for a hybrid
- The natural high flight may cause some golfers to balloon shots.
The TaylorMade SIM 2 Max offers the average golfer clean turf interaction, exceptional leniency, and a high-flying shot. You’ll see that it features a V-Steel design which enabled the engineers to lower the CG and minimize contact with the turf. As a result, it improves your ability to strike the ball cleanly and launch it high.
Furthermore, the SIM 2 Max hybrid is equipped with a Steel Twist Face, which fights to twist during your swing to remain square at impact. Finally, a Thru-Slot speed pocket boosts clubface flexibility to create enough pace across an expanded zone.
Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal – Best Irons
- Buttery-soft feel
- Crisp acoustics
- Elevated COR
- Generates explosive ball pace across the clubface
- The Pearl Brush finish removes moisture from the face for increased friction
- The stronger lofted pitching wedge may lead to distance gaps between your weaker lofted clubs.
- Restricts workability
The Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal irons are built for the average golfer who needs consistent spin, distance, and accuracy in the long, mid, and short irons. You’ll notice that a key feature is the Seamless Cup Face which works wonders to improve your coefficient of restitution (COR) for accelerated ball zip.
As one expects from Mizuno, these are among the softest game improvement irons on the market. Each strike provides a buttery-soft feel with limited vibrations and crisp acoustics.
Callaway Mack Daddy 5 JAWS – Best Wedges
- Soft feel on each strike
- Exceptional spin rate
- Delivers drop and stop control
- Available in 5 grind options
- Moderately affordable
- The medallions on the back of the clubhead are off-putting at address
- There are no available sole grinds for firm turf conditions
The Callaway Mack Daddy 5 JAWS offers golfers a delicate touch on short game strokes, thanks to the 8620 mild carbon steel. We found that the material also improved the durability of the wedge and amplified acoustics on full swings.
You’ll see that the JAWS MD5 Groove Microfeatures help boost your spin for a drop and stop landing. The expertly crafted sharper grooves enhance friction at impact and impart heightened revolutions per minute onto the golf. Lastly, Callaway gives you the option of five sole grinds to suit every turf condition and angle of attack.
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black #3 – Best Putter
- Exceptional forgiveness
- Helps you start your putt on the intended line
- Consistent topspin and forward roll
- Eradicates vibrations felt on off-center strikes
- Clear single-line alignment aid helps you line up with the target
- Premium price tag
- 34-inches is the shortest shaft option, which may complicate some golfers.
The TaylorMade Spider Tour Black #3 sports a modern mallet design, which provides advanced MOI, a muted feel, and consistent forward roll. In addition, superior forgiveness on all strikes by maintaining topspin for optimal distance control.
A Lightweight 6061 aluminum core and heavy 304 stainless steel helped TaylorMade save weight, which the engineers repositioned around the perimeter of the club head. The added weight helps keep the clubface square at impact, delivering improved accuracy and consistent topspin.