After a winter that seemed to never end, we all need a rejuvenation. Even if you’re somewhere that wasn’t hit by bad weather, it’s always great to get away and center yourself, find yourself, or just take in some amazing scenery. Well Travelocity has you covered!
We chatted with Brian Simpson, Travelocity.ca’s resident travel expert about the best places to go to open the Mind, invigorate the body, the enrich the soul.
To stimulate the Mind he advises:
· Paris, France: Containing some of the world’s finest museums and art galleries, Paris is a fabulous choice to stimulate the mind. Start by visiting one of the more than 70 museums and monuments in and around Paris, and then spend the afternoon with a picnic amongst the cherry trees in bloom at the base of the Eiffel Tower!
· Washington, D.C.: You could spend two months in Washington, D.C. and visit a different museum every day without repetition (The Smithsonian alone has 19 different museums). But maybe start with a week or a long weekend, and work your way up. Spring is also one of the most popular times to visit the United States Capitol as more than 1,700 Cherry Blossom trees lining Washington D.C.’s Tidal Basin burst into colour, adding a stunning backdrop for your spring renewal.
To challenge the Body;
· Yosemite National Park, California: Enjoy the scenic outdoors, while recharging your body, by hiking California’s beautiful Yosemite National Park. Known for its waterfalls, which are at their peak in Spring, there is a new and spectacular view around every corner.
· Banff National Park, Alberta: Canada’s oldest National park, located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. The hikes and breathtaking scenery will have you so mesmerized you won’t even realize how much exercise you’re getting!
To Reawaken the Soul;
· Sedona, Arizona: Spring in Sedona brings cooler nights and plentiful sunshine during the day, with incredible blooms and the spectacular backdrop of the red rock formations. Known world-wide as a spiritual mecca, Sedona attracts healers, intuitive artists and spiritual guides. Take a hike and explore Sedona’s vortexes, areas with highly concentrated energies conducive to prayer, meditation and healing.
· Tofino, BC: Reawaken your spiritual connection and consider a yoga retreat in serene Tofino, located off the west coast of Vancouver Island. While you spend your vacation relaxing and getting yourself centered, why not also try surfing. Tofino offers classes for the beginner to pro-surfer. A perfect locale for revitalizing the soul.
So if you are looking to refresh yourself check out what Travelocity has to offer, and build the perfect trip today!