Toronto’s landmark culinary event, Toronto Taste, is back.
As an important annual fundraiser for Second Harvest, Canada’s largest food rescue organization, ticket sales help support their mission to feed people experiencing hunger in the GTA.
For those still unaware, Second Harvest is the largest food rescue organization in Canada. With a goal to drastically reduce the amount of food wasted while ensuring people have access to the good, healthy food they need for success, Second Harvest works across the supply chain from farmer to retail to capture surplus food before it ends up in the garbage.
Since 1985 Second Harvest has rescued and delivered more than 127 million pounds of food and prevented over 70 million pounds of greenhouse gas equivalents from entering the atmosphere. Currently, they rescue food from over 470 donors and deliver that food to 253 social service agencies in Toronto and food hubs across Ontario, providing enough food for 30,000 meals a day.
Now we think that’s just awesome.
Not only that, Second Harvest also offers Toronto Taste, a day of food and fun in Toronto on Sunday, June 3rd.
Highlights and new additions this year include:
– La Banane (Best New Restaurant)
– Café Boulud (No. 42 Best Restaurant)
– Grey Gardens (No. 43 Best Restaurant)
– Café Cancan, French bistro from Chef Victor Barry (of Piano Piano, Splendido and Fika)
– Mira, Peruvian restaurant from Chef Stuart Cameron (of Byblos and Patria)
– Bar Buca, Italian-style snack bar from Chef Rob Gentile (of Buca and Buca Yorkville), whose team will be pulling fresh mozzarella
If you didn’t make it out last year, you should definitely try and make it out this year. Great food for a wonderful cause, it doesn’t get much better than that!
For more details and tickets, please visit their Website today.