On my ongoing journey to stay in shape, maintain a healthy diet while still enjoying food, I came across Eat Nākd bars. I must admit, it only took that first taste to know that I had found a new addiction – and luckily, the well-known UK brand has now arrived in Canada.
These delicious bars are simply made of fruits and nuts to create original and unexpected flavor combinations that taste great and are actually good for you! Choose from Cocoa Orange, Cashew Cookie, Cocoa Delight and Berry Delight and snack away, know that the bars are wheat-, dairy- and gluten-free and contain no added sugars or syrups. Stawberry Crunch and Banana Crunch are also in the works, two flavors that I am definitely keen to try. Having sampled all that Eat Nākd currently has to offer, I can tell you that all are really tasty, and I simply can’t get enough of the Berry Delight!
These are so many so-called “healthy” bars on the market, but many rely on health marketing, rather than living up to their claims in the ingredients. Most contain so much sugar, preservatives, and a ton of other fillers and allergens that aren’t good for you. For example, check out the comparison of ingredients in Eat Nākd bar and a typical cereal bar.
These bars are the real deal, and taste great too. If that’s not enough, you can also use these delicious bars to bake with! Check out the yummy muffin recipe below, healthy, tasty and quick to whip up!
Nākd Berry and Banana Muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
275g gluten/wheat free plain flour
1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 tablespoons mixed seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower and/or linseed
4x Nākd Berry Delight Fruit & Nut Bars, roughly chopped into small pieces
2 bananas, roughly chopped
300ml soya milk
100g dairy free soya spread, melted
2 tablespoons fruit syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC
2. Next, line a twelve-hole muffin tray with paper cases
3. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, xanthan gum, seeds and Nākd Berry Delight Fruit & Nut Bar pieces
4. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and add the milk, melted spread and fruit syrup. Mix well
5. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined, then fold in the blueberries
6. Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and spring back when pressed gently.
7. Leave to stand until cool
So now, ask yourself, is it time to go Nākd? We say, yes!