The world’s top digital and design innovators are coming to Toronto for Digifest!
Presented by George Brown College, Digifest is Canada’s premiere, international digital culture festival, focused on the future of digital innovation. This landmark event will take place at Corus Quay, 25 Dockside Dr., Toronto from May 7 -9th. Digifest 2015 will address the theme of “Money, Privacy, Pleasure” and showcase the most innovative trends driving change today.
This year’s programming and events will highlight the latest digital tools that are facilitating creative solutions, and connecting people and networks that impact economies, personal privacy and daily life.
Digifest 2015’s top-flight speakers include:
• Steve Mann (Canada), the “Father of Wearable Computing”, an artist, scientist, designer, and inventor has made Toronto the world’s epicentre of wearable technologies dating back to the 1980s;
• Felix Kubin (Germany), an electronic musician and performer who is versed in futuristic pop, noise, animation films, experimental broadcasting, radio plays and electroacoustic music;
• Dr. Foteini Agrafioti (Canada), a biometrics entrepreneur who is currently VP Research and Innovation at Architech. Agrafioti was named “Inventor of the Year” in 2012 by the University of Toronto for her biometric technology, HeartID, which is capable of authenticating user identity based on an electrocardiogram;
• Anthony Di Iorio (Canada), founder of Decentral and the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada, and passionate advocate of disruptive and decentralized technologies;
• Patricia de Vries (Netherlands), part of the MoneyLab research project of the Institute of Network Cultures, where crowdfunding and digital currencies are explored; and,
• Meet the Media Guru Speakers: Dr. Arthur Kroker and Marilouse Kroker (University of Victoria), leaders in the area of technology and contemporary culture as well as editors of the electronic journal CTheory
Sound good? Well we are giving one lucky reader the chance to check out Digifest on us! Tweet to us with the following phrase, “I want to get in on @DigifestTO and #win with @WeRAddicted” and one lucky reader will get a 2 days pass valued at almost $300. (entrance must be over 18, and a resident of Ontario, winner will be announced Friday) Good Luck and happy tweeting!