If ever there was a candidate for the 40 under 40 award, it would be Loren Shifrin.
At 33, Loren has turned his company Revolution Capital into the largest and fastest growing factoring company in Canada. Here’s how:
- Funded more than $3B to approximately 1,000 companies in the past year alone
- Acquired ten businesses in the past two years
- Doubled his business and hired throughout the pandemic
- Prioritizes people over profit: just ask his +100 employees and clients
- Knows how to adapt: was fully functional for virtual office with no downtime; a significant accomplishment for any business in the financial sector
All of this with two small children under three, and a loving, supportive wife.
Loren’s success extends to his clients. He helped the staffing agency Arrow Group, grow their revenue from $30M to $400M in just three years, making them the largest staffing agency in the country. This is one of many success stories.
Loren has helped make factoring a term that small and medium-sized businesses not only know and understand, but see as a key part of their growth strategies today. These companies sell their receivables to Revolution Capita to gain immediate access to their capital, which means they don’t have to float large amounts of cash waiting on invoices to be paid. Instead, they can focus on growing their business by hiring more people, negotiating better rates using higher volume, attracting more business, reinvesting in infrastructure etc.
According to Loren “once the restraint between receivables and payables is removed, companies are only limited by their ability to sell, and that’s when the real potential is unlocked.”
Will we see Loren or Revolution Capital on Forbes or Fortune lists anytime soon – we think so! Cheers to another great Canadian success story.