Recently I polled my following and our readers to see what the most common dating do’s and don’t’s are, so I could A. remind myself and B. to remind you.
So what ranked as some of the biggest no-no’s while on a date? It seems as though anything around manners was at the top of the list including, polite eating habits, saying please and thank you and a big one, being polite to your server and leaving a good tip.
So after collecting all the data here are the top 8 things you should never do on a date:
- DON’T act, dress or eat like a slob. It seems that most people that we asked we most bothered by bad eating habits, bad choices in clothing and most of all, bad hygiene. Bad hygine ranked #1 for what not to do on a date, so for all you people out there, make sure to take care of yourself, for everyone’s benefit.
- DON’T forget your manners. Saying please and thank you, opening a door, pulling out a chair, making a toast, the little things go a long way, so if you happen to just forget all of them, It comes off as if you aren’t interested in taking the time to get to know the other person. Let’s be honest, being polite isn’t hard.
- DON’T come on too strong! you should always watch yourself for behaviours that could be construed as needy, or desperate.
- DON’T get lost talking about yourself and your past. This includes the mistakes and heartaches. When getting to know someone in a new relationship, they want to know who you are today not how you were in a past relationship or lifetime. (trust me, I’m so guilty of this one)
- DON’T monopolize the conversation or make you the highlight real. According to experts: no one healthy or worthwhile being in a relationship with is interested in getting into a coupleship with a narcissist.
- DON’T Keep checking your phone. Flat out, it’s just super rude, so don’t do it. None of us has that important a job that we need to, and if we do, maybe we should be at work and not on a date.
- DON’T Try and be perfect or something that you’re not. Sooner or later your BS juggling act will fall apart and you’ll be left looking like an idiot. In life, in dating, in Love, BE YOURSELF.
- DON’T talk about sexual escapades. Really, while newly dating someone, it’s pretty much safe to say that you should keep details of sexual encounters to yourself. done the road, that may change.
So there it is, My new dating don’t list to remind me, and you, of what not to do the next time we are out on a date that you don’t want to end in a firey mess.
Good luck and happy hunting!